Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Day 7: God will move you... (take a nap)

The morning started off ever so sweetly with a lunch date request from a friend for next week. I must say, I am in need of some girl time and adult conversations outside the walls of our current situation. I'm thankful for spontaneous moments in life whether they lighten up the day or make it even more chaotic only because of the surprise endings and stories in which one can share. Now don't get me wrong, I love some introverted serenity with a boring schedule from time to time to just catch up on, well...naps!

I took a long one today...all afternoon. I know the naps are becoming a little more addictive these days because when one is depressed it's easier to cope by sleeping off a few hours than have to "feel" the stuff I don't want to. Mr. K didn't get to go to camp today because the gas that was needed for the doctor visit took away from him attending today and tomorrow. All of it has been quite depressing though I know we're going to be alright; it's not where I want to be in life. It sucks actually that so many have had to say "sorry" this last week over several things that have happened. I really would much rather celebrate life, but wouldn't we all?

I find it quite ironic that we actually live in the town of Valley Center, and I've been emotionally, spiritually, financially, and physically in the valley of life since we've moved here. I had expectations of a new place and all the excitement of it; that didn't last long. I don't know that I want to stay and see if there's a future of conquering here. I'm worn. I will admit though I know without a shadow of a doubt much has happened since we moved here for the glory of God to be revealed for our kiddo. He has had so much success through the services, therapies, doctor visits, surgeries, camp, etc...so it's been worth it. Now that he is done with most of that and only needs check ups it's time to move on I guess. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out by day 30. 

Some good news in the midst of the chaos is, the boy had a follow up appointment for the removal of his ear tubes and graph. We got the all clear this morning which is a nice tune to add to the beating of out of sync drums right now. We sent off an application for place #1 and the fee today, so we'll see what happens with that.





No comments:

Post a Comment