Sunday, June 19, 2016

Day 4: God will move you...

Today was so much better. Woke up to wonderful words...Thank you all so much for the prayers, texts, emails, pm's...of prayer, encouragement, and acknowledging that the post I do here are touching lives.

Guess what??? The email came through this morning with the application for the home I spoke of yesterday. While this home is in need of some help...we have a stirring within us that it's ours. We've discussed all we will/could do. We just might be homeowners again (it's been 9 years since we owned our home) if it all goes through. We let them know today we were interested and would be sending the app & app fee as soon as they let us know where to send it; so we're now awaiting that info.

I have so much more to disclose but that'll all come at the end of this 30 day journey because it could end several ways. I can't disclose everything right now because there's things that could get turned really upside down...so be patient; and enjoy this journey with me.

We did go look at another home today; it's a NO! We've put more on the list to look at just in case. I've asked in my prayer time that if the place we're applying first isn't the place best for us to give Him glory then please shut the door, so I ask the same from you.

Other than that; I packed up some glass vases that I have and dug out all the totes from the garage. I decided I wasn't leaving here with totes full of misc pictures, papers, etc without any organization to them. My living room looks like a tornado has whipped every direction with stacks of stuff here and there, boxes all over, totes of every color, and our son's toys. :) Nobody come over...I'm not letting you in. ;) I decided I would split up all the pictures of my ex and myself; like wedding pics, high school pics, pics of the girls growing up, and put them in separate totes just for the girls. I completed that today with many laughs, smiles and for some odd reason my eyes kept leaking. I've got to go get that checked out.

Add caption
My mom & girls

The memories were rushing in like a tidal wave and I'd run with it then crash back to land again. It was a beautiful thing...my girls bring me much joy! There were pics of the grandparents whom have passed, grade cards,  afghans made by their great grandmother, all the pictures they drew and projects...no need for me to hold on to them anymore since they are now adults. I want them to have the opportunity to enjoy them, throw away whatever they want so that when it comes time that I go home; they don't have to separate, fight, etc over such. 





Now they've been notified their memory totes are ready, and bring a truck!!

She's happiest when her sister is the maddest! JK
Today was exhilarating to say the very least. Father's Day...ohhh do I have the thoughts on that. I don't know that tonight is a time for me to effectively share, so just know that there will be a day on that subject. I got to enjoy a father though today that brings me so much joy...he's my husband. He is the father of our son and stepdad to our girls. He is amazing, and I'm so thankful for him. I've never seen a man be so passionate about taking care of his family and sincerely loving on his wife as my husband is. He finds a way to complete us, he gives up some of his most prized possessions to feed us, and honestly he gives up so much so easily. I pray that one day this man will see all that he is, all of the value he contains within himself, all the world that he deserves...because he's worth it!

Just before he left for work tonight, I asked a tough question...what if? I personally don't like that statement and have told our son several, hundreds, uhmmm a million times don't "what if".  Good grief, we'd never get to the end of the conversation seriously. The question I asked came because in reality our financial situation which I disclosed in Day 1; "What if we get denied any place to rent, what's the plan?" This is a real possibility, not because we've been late on rent or anything to do with that; it's all the other stuff like voluntarily giving back the car, etc. He so calmly said, as much as he hated it...we'd put our stuff in storage and stay in a hotel until we found something.

As you read this...this isn't for pity; I promise. This is the raw situation in which we face. When I launched Simply LOLA officially, it was after I felt deep within my spirit; God calling me to be verbally naked though guiding and covering me with His tender grace, mercy and favor. So I don't believe if there's a topic I feel led to write that I can leave the touchy, embarrassing, authentic, humbling, sometimes almost shameful feelings out because there's somebody somewhere going to read these posts at their perfect time. We are okay with what happens regardless what that looks like because God has always had a powerful story behind it every single time. We will not die though it will sometimes feel as though we want to. Wouldn't it be amazing to be this financially distraught and end up being homeowners? That's what this 30 day journey is about...me showing how God provides every. single. time.


~Blessings!
Simply LOLA

No comments:

Post a Comment