Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Tick Tock, Tick Tock...

Before the soar, I must mount up...Before I can mount up (the words given to me in this season, you can read about it here), I must renew...Before I can renew, I must wait.

Isaiah 40:31 "But they wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint."

As I sit in this quiet house this morning, I hear the tick tock of the clock...wait...waiting for that doctor's appointment this afternoon that will give me the results of the lab work I've been awaiting on. One of many labs were taken, but the one I'm curious about as stated in the last blog is that of Lupus. Will my ANA markers show I have Lupus? Then I question because of this next statement is there a possibility that I'd fall within the 2 %?

Per the John Hopkins website "98% of all people with systemic lupus have a positive ANA test, making it the most sensitive diagnostic test for confirming diagnosis of the disease. The test for anti-nuclear antibodies is called the immunofluorescent antinuclear antibody test. In this test, a blood sample is drawn and sent to a laboratory."

This plate is one of the many eagle pieces we have in our home that we got when Rick & I first got together. I didn't realize how these words "mount up" are now staring at me daily in almost every room of the house. Rick has always loved eagles, and myself lighthouses...so that's why this plate is so important as it combines both our loves together. 
These words "Mount Up" has sent me on a journey to find out more. First, I had to go back and dissect the verse, which takes me to the word "wait". I thought I knew what it meant, but I've found our English language really is so limited & vague most of the time. I went back into the Hebrew Scriptures to find the definition of "wait". It wasn't at all like I thought...The primitive root means to bind together by a twisting or winding a strand into a cord or rope, to be gathered, collect. It's a verb meaning there's action, not a sit and do nothing. Which then took me to Ecclesiastes 4:12 that spoke so loudly to me about the cord & the importance of human relationships in our lives opposed to individualism/isolation. I've been quite isolated to be completely honest, social media doesn't make one come out of isolation but to hide behind it. I need someone on board with me to go thru the next steps. No, I don't know what that looks like right now or even whom that is...but God is definitely pulling my heart strings in this and is part of that cord for sure. I'm looking forward to what's ahead.

Now that I know I'll be going through this wait, renew...there's those "mount up" words again. One cannot soar without first mounting up. Have you ever seen an eagle mount up? I knew I really didn't know what that meant...again on the search for the details and found this video.



600fps Video of Eagle taking off and flying over camera. from Peter Barrett on Vimeo.

The power behind it's own weight is remarkable...but what got me was the struggle to soar first, the energy that must be to conquer the mission of lifting. The eagle actually drops down before it ever rises, and I don't know about you...life can be just like that. I have a destination but I'm lacking that determination, energy, focus, and strength at the moment. I don't know where I'm going, but if "Mount Up" is to be taken seriously, then I'm going to be going somewhere...and soar is in the future because the eagle doesn't give up; it always soars!

So instead of sitting and waiting for God to do something like I thought...I'm challenged to go into action as he renews my spirit, emotions, and physical being. I'm assuming this is in regards to my health, but I do not know that either at this moment. All I know now is I'm keeping my mind open to all that He may have for me, and the ears to hear what's next with all boldness to be obedient. As I go through this season figuring out my health situation...I'm looking for accountability in a way I've never had it before & I'll add to that as I see fit. I know the struggle is coming, I know it's going to take strength, perseverance, and that it may look like I'm failing before the Lord lifts me up. I am going to need some people in my life to hold me accountable, pray me through, be tough enough to let me cuss you out (ha!), and unconditionally love me through. Today, I'm cleaning off the dusty piled on treadmill for what I do not know ( as Maury Povich would say...and that's a lie!)!!!

Praising God today...my vision is back more and more & haven't had the pain in my eye. I will ask for prayers still to relieve the pressure in my head (not a headache as much as feeling my heartbeat in my eyeballs, and my whole head)...it's uncomfortable. Blessings to you and thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete