Friday, December 1, 2017

Mount Up, Keep your fork, the best is yet to come...

I wish I had a better update for you, but I really don't. I have had an amazing experience tho though my roughest week yet.

Last Saturday, I walked out into my back yard & looked up to the sky asking God, "what do you have for me today?" With goosebumps and the deepest of emotion (tho saddened that you can't possibly experience this through just words)...a seemingly 8 foot span of wings came from behind me and launched into the skies above. I could see the details of the white hair on his head, the yellow beak, and the eye of this large beautiful creature we call the bald eagle. The most breath-taking moment to say the least...and the words "mount up" was whispered into my being as I recited the words to myself from Isaiah 40:31. I always get what I call a "word" for the season to come...and this is it. I am ecstatic to see what is to come. History in our family has proven it doesn't come without trials and tribulation, but the after...the best is yet to come.

Sunday, our pastor presented a message by handing us all plastic forks. Sharing the story many of you have probably already heard about the lady whom was given the notice that her life was coming to an end. She met with her pastor to give him the details of what she wanted at her funeral. The songs, Scriptures, etc... and that she wanted to be buried with a fork. She said, you know when you go to dinner & the waitress tells you to keep your fork...why? Because the best is yet to come...it's the dessert. Knowing in Faith that no matter what is going to happen next, the best really is yet to come when one has eternity coming. If you're alive, your story isn't done & He isn't done with you yet...grab the fork!!

Monday, I head to the PCP to find out the other details of my MRI findings as the ophthalmologist stated it was out of his speciality, but that I didn't have MS like he was questioning with my symptoms. That last update is here. There's several words I'm going to put here, but nothing is yet confirmed or has been discussed in detail at the time of writing this. I definitely have Optic Neuritis, and that is why we are on the search to find the root of it. The doctor handed me my report, and said...I'm sorry but I just don't know. We need to get you to a rheumatologist and neurologist to go over these findings. He looked me straight in the eyes and said, "have you been diagnosed with lupus?". I said no, he stated that I have the significant sign of the butterfly rash on my face. I said, ohh I was told I had rosacea...he said, I think you've been misdiagnosed. Let's get some lab work done to see if we can rule that out. An ALA test, along with others. This blood work is what I'm awaiting as I type. Along with this rash, the MRI findings consist of a 7mm nonspecific matter in the mid-brain, dural ectasia of the brain (this is what caused the hole in K's skull), mild sinus disease, psuedotumor celebri, empty sella turcica, and the need to rule out papilledema. He would get me scheduled & let me know the lab results.

On the ride home, I was reminded by a small voice..."Mount Up"!

Tuesday, I was excited for this day because this was the day to go back to the eye dr to get my new prescription for "getting older" bifocals. I just knew if I had optimal level before me, it would relieve some of the stress I was having to put on myself just to function daily things. This day ended up becoming the worst day yet. I felt what is like a nerve coming out of my brain running down my spine, twisting & squeezing it like a boa-constrictor. I had went almost a year without any migraines doing my daily proactive regime to keep them at bay...this day would be the day that didn't work. I had a women's group to lead after the appointment, and I could barely drive much less participate. I couldn't order my glasses because I couldn't stand there long enough in the light to look at any much less think about the details they needed to discuss. I left, found a parking lot and prayed. I said good grief, if Jesus could bare the cross...the least I could do was show up for these ladies. I showed up, handed off the reigns to another to read; and their fellowship & love got me thru. I crashed in my dark bedroom for the next two days. The pain in my back, the numbing & burning of my face, the dizziness, and I hear...Mount Up!

Wednesday & Thursday are a blur really...until Thursday evening I had found some relief. Enough that I got to go with my husband to kick start another fellowship group for men & women at church. Don't think I don't know the enemy is also at work here trying to detour us/me from doing what we know we're called to do. He'll throw marriage darts, kid behavior darts, financial, emotional, and now physical darts to detour us. Nope, I'm not having it!

This morning...I've got ice wrapped around my neck and anointed (oil running down the head) myself with M-grain on the side that hurts & Stress Away on the side that doesn't. I'm able to pull off this blog with that, so this morning I'm in a better place. This has been so random & without rhyme or reason. Until I know more...every moment is unpredictable at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment