Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Day 19: God will move you...(the adult monkey has lost his mind)

This particular post right here has taken me way to long to complete...and I'm not so sure it's going to get done. I'm starting from scratch because as I've tried to write for the last 24 hours...the previous draft post deleted itself twice, the font wouldn't sync up throughout, the pics wouldn't center, the links wouldn't work, the whole thing just made me slam the lid down this morning and walk away...so I'm here again trying to complete it. I'm thinking that I was trying to post two days worth of stuff into one post and I'm not supposed to do that; at least, not this one.

As if the craziness of all that has happened in the last 19 days wasn't enough...My only adult, responsible, mature monkey of the home (because I quit adulting a long time ago #adultingisoverrated) decides to come home and tell me; he changed jobs. What!?! Ok, do you all remember the financial struggle that I've been posting about? I don't think he reads these blogs after all...he just comments to support me because he's great at that. Anyway...yes, he starts a new job on Monday. Now let me clear this part up; he's staying with the same company (whew!). But here's the crazy...

It's incentive paid. Just typing those last three words made me stop push my glasses up and rub my eyes and take a very deep breath. This means that not only do we not ever get back the possibility of OT which is no longer coming in...his pay could be cut completely in half!

Listen, this man has been an excellent provider and always looking out for the best interest of our family. He has continued to the top of most pay scales out there for his profession. He makes over and beyond what he ever thought he could. He holds at a very high level the accomplishment for himself especially after the childhood he endured, the choices he made when dropping out of school, and the things told to him by the adults in his life. To many we are rich and to many more we are poor. It's all in perspective, attitude, and priorities. Again the reason I cover the financial part of our lives in these blogs (I'd rather not because it really can be embarrassing, humbling, and down right doesn't feel good) is because there's somebody reading that needs to feel known. Now with the bragging done...let me tell you about FEAR/SCARED TO DEATH "feelings" that I have. I trust him but I trust in God even more, so guess what he'll have 10 days of training and then goes out on his own as a driver then it'll be at least 14 more days before we know what that paycheck is gonna look like. Holding my breath, I'd be lying if I didn't admit this fear.

Really, right now we have to throw this into the loop of circus events??? Would you wanna kill him? Is this even ok? Yes, because if he didn't; he would've walked out of his position all together (We CANNOT have that)....and rightfully so. I won't go into the details of what's going on there at work because well it benefits no one and something I might say publicly could be taken wrong... I wouldn't want to jeopardize his employment. This company has been awesome to work for all the way around; it's just that the management that brought him in from KC is now gone. Now...here's the positive news:

He could make even more than he's making now with all the OT he was putting in. He has no idea what he will be able to obtain from the beginning...it's a wait and see. I know him, and he's going to strive to bring the "best" home. Whatever happens we'll be just fine because if God brought us to it; He'll bring us through it, over it, under it...done! Can't wait to post about this favor, grace, mercy, and down right miracle. Remember the pay could be cut in half. Until then...please pray for me, lol seriously. My thoughts can tend to run as wild as my adult monkey did with his decisions. I feel like we're bringing in the turtles to do the lion acts...it's gonna take a miracle. Who's gonna hang on with me and keep me in prayer about this for the next month?
Watch those turtles roar!
~Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment