Friday, August 30, 2013

Fickle Feelings Friday

On a journey of emotions...when I was given the word "prepare" at the end of 2012 then again on the first day of the year "new";both from Scriptures; I didn't know how much I was really going to have to prepare for. Now just a bit of a list that would state some of the obvious new and in need of preparation; would be...

  1. How to handle a major school district's multiple irresponsible actions
  2. Deciding on a new study for the women's group to not only build relationships by communication but also sound biblical doctrine for maturity/growth.
  3. Studying the story of Gideon (sometimes you really must look at each word and ask God what it means for you :) Quite the discovery of who you are in Him and the power of prayer).
  4. Deciding to take a new job
  5. Deciding to move/where to move and all the financial stuff that goes with that.
  6. Trusting God in it all
  7. Deciding to home school or return to a traditional classroom
  8. Deciding on pet placements
  9. Deciding on attitudes (now can I just say this is a daily, minute by minute prep and choice), I'd rather make it easy; blame and remove myself from the situation.
  10. Deciding that some things really are out of my control and until I really am suppose to do something about it; enjoying my life.
  11. Allowing time to honestly grieve, but then to have the courage to trust God that He has great plans for me.

Isa. 43:18-19 says, "Do not call the mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert."

Isa. 38:12 says, "Like a shepherd's tent my dwelling is pulled up and removed from me."

Jer. 29:11 says, "For I know the plans that I have for you...to give you a future and a hope."

Deut. 31:8 says, "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you, He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

For each of the seasons' in which I have changed either location, position, etc I have learned from each of them a fabulous skill, acquired a tool, made a lasting relationship, or learned a "big" lesson. So, I cannot be upset for when it seems that I have walked 5 steps and fell back 3...I still have "GAINED" 2 steps.

Today's fickle feelings are my reality for only a moment to be gone with tomorrow's storm; choosing to set it aside so I can smell the roses that are in bloom today.

Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment