Thursday, April 16, 2009

Where are we going?

My baby girl decides she wants to move to her dads. Of course, her sister and dad are there. She has a good step mom and additional siblings as well. I'm crushed, but I have a plan. The ol' man can get a job transfer to Springfield, then we would be a lot closer to them both. I could actually drive down and see them even for a couple hours. We want to be in the country anyway, especially now that we have this wild preschool boy. I do miss the peace that is found when the wind blows thru your hair in the country; without the smog making it greasy. Perfect plan, right.

My hubby is a wanted man I guess and work doesn't want him to go anywhere. We believe there might even be some behind the scenes talk going on to keep him from being able to transfer. I don't have good things to say about this, but I will look at it this way. I'm glad he is an asset; maybe he won't be another one looking at a layoff.

Of course, we thought about him getting another job down there if the transfer doesn't happen. We can't do that though because of Koda's condition. We have to keep the insurance that we have for as long as possible, so there is no precondition exemptions. Thank God he likes his job, huh? I've made emotional decisions before and they always seem to bite me later. I will hate it if we don't get to go, but at the same time; I don't want to go if something bad will happen after getting there. I want to move to be closer to the girls and fulfill my desires for nature.

We'll see, the bosses are meeting in Springfield the end of this month. They are supposed to discuss this transfer then. I just have a problem with patience. I want to be doing something now because we are staying with family. I want to know where we are going, so we can look for a place to live. If we stay here, I'm a little overwhelmed with where we should live. We need to think of Koda's education as he will be starting preschool this year, and on to Kindergarten next. We are thinking we need to move across state lines as there are more options that meet our budget as far as housing.

So until something breaks, I don't know where we are going.

1 comment:

  1. As of today, we will not be getting that transfer to Springfield....crushed but glad Rick has a job; at least we're not totally out. I do believe there is a reason behind why things happen the way they do, so until something changes.......KC will be our home. Praying to see the girls often. I sure miss 'em. Holly has officially moved now. Koda wants to know when we're going to go get her. It's hard!

    ReplyDelete