Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Maked a trip to the emergancy room/urgent care

In the middle of a movie and winding down for bed, Koda goes to the bathroom. I clean up some dishes from the Chinese food we had; and I hear this blood curdling scream............I already knew what had happened. This time was definitely worse; as he held onto himself w/ a Chinese death grip. He had slammed his you know what with the toilet lid.

I didn't know something could swell up and get a big blood blister so fast. Of course, I'm thinking I need to call the nurse's line to see what was the best thing to do. They have us put ice on it; and he put it on gladly, then a dose of ibuprofen for the pain. They also said since there was a blood blister that it would need to be popped, and to bring him in.

Of course we are on our way, he stops crying and goes into his imaginary world mode; talking about trains, dinosaurs, and whatever else was on the brain. We arrive, and he's playing w/ toys, crawling into and out of a wagon........Daddy, cringed at the pain that he thought his son should be feeling when doing that. I really think Daddy was hurting worse than what Koda did.

Time to get vitals and stuff; Koda has to go to the bathroom again. We thought oh here we go........he is gonna scream. Daddy brings him back laughing; and says the blood blister had popped itself. He went to the bathroom just fine. Oh great, I am not about to wait another 2 hours for a doctor to see him and tell us to go home; and call someone if it gets worse. So, we decided to sign a release of liability to the hospital and leave. I only had a few hours till morning and I could take him back if needed. A doctor's office visit is a lot cheaper than a hospital emergancy room bill, lol.

Koda is fine and has no problems.........back to normal after making a trip to the emergancy room.

No comments:

Post a Comment