Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Confirmation of the obvious...........

has been right in front of me the whole time. The directions we take are always right there, but then we have to decide which way to go. I sometimes miss the direction due to my own anxiousness, determination, and desires. When Koda was originally diagnosed with NF (Neurofibromatosis), I was anxious of the unknown. Looking to the easiest access which would be the Internet at the time. I was devastated with what images and stories I came across. Yes, NF can cause such dramatic effects & I know now some very special people with some of the worst stories. I am so thankful that I was connected to the right organization thru my local Neurologist to help me find the most helpful doctors right from the beginning. I won't go into the whole story at the beginning, but one of those times I was personally referred by two different people to Dr. Gutmann in St. Louis @ St. Louis Children's Hospital. Due to not wanting to wait until I could get in, I took the hospital (Cardinal Gleenon Children's Hospital in St. Louis) that could get me in first. They have an NF clinic and was listed on the referral list too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way having ill feelings to the NF clinic @ CGCH. 

We just had a "Ask the Doc" conference at KU Med Center on Saturday which Dr. Gutmann was one of the guest speakers. I was so impressed with the answers he was able to provide, and he is looking at a "new" way to treat NF.......for one it's a whole team totally constantly communicating to give the best care for their patients. I've had some communication issues, and its frustrating when you live 4 hours away. The point of all this is really.........time is valuable and sometimes you really do have to wait! Wait! Wait! and Wait! Its ok to wait, because the best comes out of it. If nothing else wisdom is built while waiting. I was really excited to have an actual scientific doctor talk with me about a natural approach to NF as well. Waiting has educated me in the realm of NF too, so now I know how to better prepare myself before an appointment with such a doctor that seems to give it to you pretty direct & if he doesn't know he says so. Love that.

Don't miss your path of opportunity.....................its right in front of you, and you have a decision; sometimes its to wait until you actually see the path. If you get off though...........you can always get back on the right track. I'm turning around, and pushing through w/ power and determination!

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Gutmann is wonderful he is my sons doctor and amazing doctor. He knows so much and trying soooo hard to help find a cure... or something to help stop the plexiform neurofibromas from growning..

    ReplyDelete